Most people believe that because they are not in a Special Flood Hazard Area, they have no need for Flood Insurance. The unfortunate truth is that if it rains where you live, it can flood where you live. One in four flood claims are filed in low to moderate risk areas.
DeLand Florida isn’t too far from the seacoast. Daytona, Port Orange, & New Smyrna beaches are all a short ride. And one of Florida’s amazing resources has to be all of our water access. Rivers, lakes, and of course the ocean. With all of our water features, there’s always a threat of flooding. Best Choice Insurance Agency can help you learn all about flood policies, and we can help you make sure you’re covered when a natural disaster strikes.
The Flood Insurance market is changing, and we are now able to offer some additional options, other than the National Flood Insurance Program. Click on the link http://www.floodsmart.gov and call me for more information.
Flood Insurance Facts
- Everyone lives in a flood zone.
- Homeowners Insurance does not cover the risk of flood.
- Floods are the #1 Natural Disaster in the United States.
- The average flood claim for the State of Florida is $30,298.
- Nearly 25% of all flood claims are for properties outside of High Risk areas.
- In the past 5 years, all 50 states have experienced flood.
- Moderate to low risk properties are eligible for a low cost Preferred Risk Policy.
- Federal Disaster Assistance usually comes in the form of a loan, which has to be paid back with interest.
- There is typically a 30 day wait after purchase for a Flood Insurance policy to go into effect. There are a few exceptions, such as a new home purchase.
- NFIP Flood Insurance can only be purchased through a licensed agent, it can not be purchased directly from NFIP.
- Flood Insurance rates are set by the NFIP and do not differ from agent to agent or carrier to carrier.